Last updated November 27, 2019
At Flower Factory, we recognize and respect the importance of maintaining the privacy of our customers, registered members and users, and has established this Privacy Notice as a result. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to inform you of:
- the personal information we may collect from you when you visit our Website, respond to our emails, place orders via mail or use our mobile applications or otherwise contact us via telephone, text , email or fax
- why we gather information from you,
- how we collect it,
- how we use it (including with whom we may share it), and,
- the choices you have regarding our use of, and your access to and correction of, personal information you have provided.
For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, and unless you are explicitly notified otherwise, the Company is the controller of your personal information. See the “Contact Us” section below for details on how to contact the Company or exercise your rights with respect to your personal information.
You must be 18 years or older and the age of majority in your place of residence to use, subscribe or register as a member (or 21 years or older in the event that you place a request for transmission of an order for a product containing alcohol). The Service is a general audience site and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or disclose personal information from or about children under 13 years of age.
WHY DO WE GATHER INFORMATION?
The Company and the Service gathers personal information mainly to communicate with you and to process your orders, but also to help improve our products and customer service, to provide an enhanced and more personalized shopping experience and to inform you, and your gift and message recipients, of special offers and discounts from flowerfactory.in.
This Privacy Notice applies to all visitors, including residents.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER?
Depending on how you interact with us, we collect some or all of the following types of information:
- your name, address, telephone number, email address, user ID and contact information,
- billing information (credit/debit card number, expiration date, CVV code, alternate or additional billing information and billing address),
- products purchased
- any promotion or gift card code and related information
- Message and gift recipients’ names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses,
- device information – information about your mobile device, including platform information, user identification number and device location,
- application information – application information, including which of your applications are used, how your applications are used and the duration of use of your applications,
- network information – network information, including IP address, network carrier and country code, browsing information, such as how you interact with the Services; and
Members may also add to their Address Book the name, address and telephone number of friends or other persons to whom they may wish to send gifts or expressions. Other Members do not have the right to view and edit your Address Book entries.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
- visit our Website and use our Service,
- place an order,
- The information may be provided directly to us by you when placing an order or participating in a survey, etc., or, as is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, device information, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends and administer the Website. This information may be collected by us even if an order, registration, or other process is started but not completed or is otherwise cancelled.
We have relationships with third parties who may collect or receive information directly from the cookies placed by our Service on your computer to assist in analyzing our business and customers.
Our Service may also use a common web technology called “action tags” (also called single pixel gifs or web beacons) to track purchase, usage and other web activity information. Action tags may be used to provide data to third parties for tracking purposes. In addition, third parties may set their own cookies and tags through our Service (such as through interest-based advertising, described below). We do not control such third parties or their privacy practices. If you do not want third parties to be able to use such methods, you should modify your browser settings to limit such access.
- Our Services.We collect data from you for use in interest-based advertising when you use our Service. Other companies may serve interest-based advertisements on our Service.
- Other Services.Advertisements for our products and services may appear on third party websites around the Internet. Some websites and services deliver these advertisements based upon data that has been previously collected about your past behavior online. For example, if you have viewed websites about gift items, these websites or services may display to you an advertisement for our gift items. This kind of targeted advertising is sometimes called interest-based or online behavioral advertising. It is generally not based upon your personal information (such as your name or email address), but rather, upon your online activities. We do not control such third-party websites or services on which these advertisements appear. Further, we do not control how they collect and use data about your online activities.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Company’s mobile application on your device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, usage, performance data, and the source from which the application was downloaded. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
HOW WE USE/SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information we collect to communicate with you, to process your orders, to improve our products and services (such as by responding to your feedback), to conduct research (such as statistics on favorite — i.e., most ordered — products), to inform you and your gift recipients of offers and discounts from the Jasmineflowers.ca and to enable you to receive credits for purchases under loyalty or buying programs which you have joined.
In addition, as provided below, the Company may use or share your data with both affiliated and unrelated third parties, for the purposes so identified.
Sharing with Others
We may also share your information with our subcontractors, agents, consultants, financial institutions, credit/debit card payment processors, business partners, vendors and service providers, but we generally only authorize them to use such information for our benefit, for instance, to process your order and to better communicate and provide appropriate offers to you and your gift recipient. In addition, we may make such information (except for credit/debit card numbers, expiration dates and CVV codes, unless you consent otherwise), including aggregated information, available to selected third parties including, but not limited to, those who share or rent information for direct marketing purposes.
For Legal Purposes
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests from public authorities, including to comply with national security or law enforcement requirements. We reserve the right to disclose information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, as required by law, in response to legal process and law enforcement requests, when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request, and to protect the rights or property of the Company, its Affiliates, users, customers, recipients, Members, Sponsors, Providers, Licensors, Merchants and Associates
Please note that any personal information you reveal or post on one of our public forums, such as a message board, chat room, blog, discussion group, folder, and all User Submissions, are not protected by this Privacy Notice and may be collected, shared and used by us, and with third parties, including to contact you. Information you provide or post on our public forums, you disclose at your own risk.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may retain your information in accordance with our data retention policies and for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, or until you request us to stop using it. We may, however, keep some of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your request not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased, even if it includes your personal data, until such time as you are no longer our customer.
If you have questions about our data retention policies, or would like a copy of such, please contact us as noted below.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURED
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at [email protected].
If you place an order on our Website, it encrypts the credit/debit card number you submit prior to transmission over the Internet using secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology. This technology works best when the website is viewed using Microsoft IE®, Google Chrome®, Mozilla Firefox®, and Apple Safari® browsers. However, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we make reasonable efforts to safeguard personal information once we receive it, we cannot warrant the security of information we receive.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any Password and for all activities that occur using your Password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Password or accounts.
HOW TO LIMIT THE USE OF OR MODIFY YOUR INFORMATION
We want to communicate with you only to the extent you want to hear from us.Any promotional email we send to will include an “unsubscribe” link to use or a link to opt-out of receiving further promotional emails from the sender.
If you would like to update or correct information previously provided to us, please contact us as indicated below in the “Contact Us” section. Upon your written request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
WHAT IF I CHOOSE NOT TO GIVE
You are not obligated to provide us your personal information. However, if the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract or an order between you and the Company and you do not give us your personal information, then we will not be able to enter into that contract or honor that order for goods or services.
We may provide you with the ability to log into our Service using a social media account, such as Facebook Connect. We do not control the activities of such social media services and have no control over the data they collect or their privacy practices. You should review their privacy practices before using any such social media service.
HOW TO CONTACT US
flowerfactory.in family welcomes feedback concerning this Privacy Notice.
Please contact us by any method indicated below:
- Email us at: [email protected]
- Write to us at:
New No.524, MKN Road,
Alandur, Chennai-600 016
· Telephone us at: +91 9840121523
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE